Gothic (1986) tells how five famous friends spend a hallucinogenic evening confronting their fears in a frenzy of shocking lunacy and horrifying visions in this fictional tale, which tells the story of Mary Shelley’s conception of Frankenstein on one debauched night in Lord Byron’s home.
From the Vestron Video Collector’s Series, the horror classic Gothic will arrive for the first time on limited edition Blu-ray™ on January 30 from Lionsgate. Starring Golden Globe® winner Gabriel Byrne (2009, Best Actor, “In Treatment”), Julian Sands, and Natasha Richardson, and from legendary director Ken Russell (Lair of the White Worm), Gothic is the fictional retelling of the night Mary Shelley developed the story of Frankenstein. While under the influence of experimental substances, she and a group of friends experience terrifying visions that bend reality into her horrific tale.
For those that enjoy all things Vestron be sure to follow the UNofficial Facebook page for your rumors fix. Gothic is available to preorder from Amazon, make sure to order early to get that sexy slipcover!
Gothic (1986) BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES
- Audio Commentary with Lisi Russell and Film Historian Matthew Melia
- Isolated Score Selections and Audio Interview with Composer Thomas Dolby
- “The Soul of Shelley” Featurette with Actor Julian Sands
- “Fear Itself” Featurette with Screenwriter Stephen Volk
- “One Rainy Night” Featurette with Director of Photography Mike Southon
- Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spot
- Still Gallery