Hello TNM readers and welcome to the TNM Home Media News Recap for 04/04/18. We are going to be trying a new format so you, our reader, will be informed of what is going on in the world of Blu-ray and Home Media News. We’ll also at times include some indie gaming items that we love and the big guys might miss. This will also be a way to support our partners and let you stay abreast of what they have coming out. Just click on the links and it will scroll to the news you want to see.
TNM Home Media News Recap for 04/04/18
- Scream Factory
Game of Thrones Season One 4K UHD – Relive the warmer days and calmer nights of Westeros when Game of Thrones: Season 1 makes its highly-anticipated debut on 4K Ultra HD optimized for Dolby Vision High Dynamic Range on June 5th from HBO Home Entertainment. Heralded as an “HBO triumph” (Boston Globe), Season 1 of the visually stunning fantasy epic, described as a “menacing, brutal and complex solid start” (The Guardian), includes all 10 episodes beautifully redone in 4K format to give fans the ultimate clarity and detail on HDR TVs.
A perfect gift for Father’s Day or way to kick off summer break, the 4K Ultra HD format for Game of Thrones: Season 1 comes with eye-catching key art featuring the iconic, all-powerful Iron Throne. With this release, fans and those new to the series alike can now catch more than 600 minutes of one of the most critically acclaimed first seasons of episodic television in striking clarity.
In addition to Season 1 episodes, fans can go beyond what started it all, with hours of gripping bonus features, from behind-the-scenes, making-of sequences, audio commentaries and much more.
Game of Thrones continues to be the most successful franchise in HBO history and remains the most awarded drama series in Emmy® history, with 38 Emmys® to date.
HD Bonus Features Include:
- Animated Histories: Learn about the mythology of Westeros as told from the varying perspectives of the characters themselves.
- Anatomy of an Episode – an in-episode experience that explores the creative minds and colossal efforts behind episode six, “A Golden Crown.”
- Cast Auditions: Watch rarely-seen footage of the cast auditioning for Game of Thrones
- Making Game of Thrones -an exclusive 30-minute feature including never-before-seen footage from the set and interviews from the cast and crew.
- Character Profiles – profiles of 15 major characters as described by the actors portraying them.
- Creating the Show Open – an inside look at the creation of the Emmy-winning opening title sequence for Game of Thrones.
- From the Book to the Screen – executive producers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss along with author George R.R. Martin talk about the challenges of bringing Martin’s epic fantasy novel to life on HBO.
- The Night’s Watch – an in-depth look at the unique order of men who patrol and protect the Wall, a 700-foot ice structure that separates the Seven Kingdoms from the darkness beyond.
- Creating the Dothraki Language – an insightful glance into the comprehensive language created for the Dothraki people in Game of Thrones.
- Audio Commentaries – Seven audio commentaries with cast and crew including David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, George R.R. Martin, Emilia Clarke, Peter Dinklage, Kit Harington, Lena Headey, Mark Addy, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Maisie Williams, Sophie Turner, Isaac Hempstead Wright, Bryan Cogman, Harry Lloyd, Daniel Minahan and Alan Taylor.
- A Digital Download code for the ten-episode season in HD.
*Please note: Bonus features will be in HD format.
Queen of the Seven Kingdoms – The first beer in Brewery Ommegang and HBO’s Royal Reserve Collection is just hitting stores this month, but the second beer is already on the horizon! Queen of the Seven Kingdoms, the second in a series of four special, limited release beers, each designed and brewed as an homage to one of four epic figures in the battle for the Seven Kingdoms, is brewed and blended for Cersei Lannister.
An exceptional blend of Belgian sour ale and Belgian-style blonde ale, Queen of the Seven Kingdoms is fitting for the fair-haired ruler who is as acerbic as they come. Available throughout Ommegang’s distribution network on June 29, Queen of the Seven Kingdoms will be offered both on draft and in 750ml bottles. The suggested retail price for a bottle is $12.99.
“Cersei is a complex character, and we’ve tried to emulate that profile with this beer, which blends a lovely, dry blonde ale with a subtly tart Belgian sour,” says brewery president Doug Campbell.
“When we set out to create the Royal Reserve Collection, we knew we had to pay homage the character currently sitting on the Iron Throne. We’re very happy to present this tribute to the Queen of the Seven Kingdoms herself, Cersei Lannister” said Jeff Peters, Vice President of Global Licensing and Retail, HBO.
Queen of the Seven Kingdoms pours a pale gold color with a brilliant white head. Aromas of melon, citrus, and lactic acidity meld together with fruity esters from the Belgian yeast. Tart citrus flavors soften to sweet malt flavors with notes of apricots. The finish is dry and crisp with a subtle citrus bite from the lemon peel. Queen of the Seven Kingdoms pairs well with sharp aged cheeses and salty cured meats, red meat or dark poultry, and spiced desserts like pumpkin pie or apple tarts.
The Royal Reserve Collection features four brand new beers in the brewery’s Game of Thrones-inspired series with HBO. All of the beers will be available on draft and in 750ml bottles. The series begins with Hand of the Queen, a barleywine, which launches in April, then Queen of the Seven Kingdoms, followed by two additional beers that launch in October and December 2018. Details and images of future beers will be announced throughout the year.
A wave of more John Carpenter films comes crashing into Scream Factory on July 24th! Two make their Blu-ray debuts and another highly-requested one receives a serious upgrade. Extras will be announced at a later date but here are the details we have at this time…
IN THE MOUTH OF MADNESS (1995) – Sutter Cane (Jürgen Prochnow, Dune, The Seventh Sign) is the best-selling author whose newest novel is literally driving readers insane. When he inexplicably vanishes, his publisher (Charlton Heston, Soylent Green, Planet Of The Apes) sends special investigator John Trent (Sam Neill, Daybreakers, Dead Calm) to track him down. Drawn to a town that exists only in Cane’s books, Trent crosses the barrier between fact and fiction and enters a terrifying world from which there is no escape. Inspired by the tales of H.P. Lovecraft, this shocking story is, in the words of its acclaimed director, “horror beyond description!”
• This will be branded as a “Collector’s Edition” that will come with a slipcover (guaranteed for three months after its original release date). U.S. and Canada territories (Region A).
• The newly-commissioned artwork pictured comes to us from Joel Robinson (Firestarter, Rabid, Species, Drag Me to Hell). This art will be front-facing and the reverse side of the wrap will the original theatrical poster.
• Extras and specs are still in progress and will be announced at a later date. However, we can confirm today that we will be doing a brand-new film transfer!
Pre-order now for early shipping. Plus, you will also receive an 18′ x 24″ rolled poster of the newly-commissioned art. The posters are made in a limited quantity so act fast.
MEMOIRS OF AN INVISIBLE MAN (1992) – The laughs and visual effects are out of sight when Chevy Chase headlines Memoirs of an Invisible Man. Invisibility makes it easier to spy on agents (particularly chief adversary Sam Neill) who’ve put him in his predicament. And he can romance a lovely documentary producer (Daryl Hannah) in a way she’s never “seen” before. John Carpenter directs and Industrial Light and Magic create eye-opening effects as Nick embarks on his manic quest. Seeing is believing! Pre-order now for early shipping.
SOMEONE’S WATCHING ME (1978) – Los Angeles newcomer Leigh Michaels (Lauren Hutton) moves into a chic high-rise apartment building. She loves the view. So does the Peeping Tom who lives somewhere in the adjacent tower. For Leigh, it’s the beginning of terrors that escalate from anonymous calls and gifts to lights that mysteriously flicker to prove that someone watches every moment of her life. Leigh fights back, matching her tormentor’s obsession with her own relentless drive to uncover his identity. The prey is now predator – and that escalates the stalker’s game to a deadly new level. Someone is watching. Also starring Adrienne Barbeau and Charles Cyphers. Pre-order now for early shipping.