Hello TNM readers and welcome to the TNM Home Media News Recap for 05/01/18. We are going to be trying a new format so you, our reader, will be informed of what is going on in the world of Blu-ray and Home Media News. We’ll also at times include some indie gaming items that we love and the big guys might miss. This will also be a way to support our partners and let you stay abreast of what they have coming out. Just click on the links and it will scroll to the news you want to see.
TNM Home Media News Recap for 05/01/18
- 20th Century Fox
- Scream Factory
- Mondo Macabro
Love, Simon (2018) – From the producers of The Fault in Our Stars comes the relatable and heartfelt coming-of-age film LOVE, SIMON. Everyone deserves a great love story, but for 17-year-old Simon, it’s a bit complicated. The gay teenager hasn’t come out yet, and doesn’t know the identity of the anonymous classmate he’s fallen for online. Resolving both issues will be a hilarious, scary, life-changing adventure. Add LOVE, SIMON to your Digital collection on Movies Anywhere May 29 and buy it on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD June 12.
- Deleted Scenes
- “The Adaptation” – Learn how the touching book Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli was adapted into Love, Simon
- “The Squad” – Love, Simon’s cast members are some serious #squadgoals. Take a look into how the filmmakers developed, casted and perfected Simon’s squad.
- “#FirstLoveStoryContest” – Everyone deserves a great first love story! Watch one lucky fan tell audiences about their first love story.
- “Dear Georgia” – Join the filmmakers as they show you the iconic filming locations in Atlanta.
- “Dear Atlanta” – The book takes place in Atlanta and the film was also shot there! Learn the many reasons why production chose this great city!
- Audio Commentary by Director Greg Berlanti, Producer Isaac Klausner and Co-Screenwriter Issac Aptaker
- English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
- English Descriptive Audio 5.1
- Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1
- French DTS 5.1 (Blu-ray has French Dolby Digital 5.1)
Brainscan (1994) – Ready, Player One….into Hell. More 90s terror is coming your way as we unleash the often-requested film BRAINSCAN on Blu-ray August 28th!
When Michael, a lonely teenager (Edward Furlong, Terminator 2: Judgment Day), orders the latest interactive video game, the new high-tech wizardry penetrates his subconscious, where his darkest impulses lead him through a deadly maze of murder, deception and desire. Pursued by homicide detective (Frank Langella, Dracula) and prodded by “The Trickster” (T. Ryder Smith) who materializes into his room, Michael is torn between the worlds of good and evil, of reality and fantasy and, ultimately, life and death.
Extras are in progress and will be announced on a later date.
Bloodlust (1976) – Mondo Macabro are very pleased to announce that we have just acquired the US physical media rights to the 1976 Swiss film BLOODLUST (Mosquito der schänder). Thanks to Film Media, Michael Raso and Paige Davis for making this possible.
For those unfamiliar with the title, BLOODLUST is one of the darkest and most affecting horror movies to come out of 1970s Europe. The film plays like a kind of grown up fairy tale, albeit one that includes bloodsucking, eyeball evisceration and voyeuristic lesbian sex scenes among a host of other activities. The bloodsucker of the film’s title is played by veteran actor Werner Pochath. Although he made a number of horror films, including two with Dario Argento, this was one of his rare leads and it’s a career topping best, especially remarkable in that the character he plays is a deaf mute who has not a single world of dialog.
This will be the world Blu-ray premier of this remarkable – and remarkably strange – film. Watch this space for more details.